On And On

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Currently reading "Cloud Atlas", and it is excellent. I'm stuck in a section of the book that is a bit convoluted, but the beauty of this novel is that if you keep reading, it will change. Mitchell seems to write in every conceivable voice and style, and does so effectively. I'll take a slow section here or there if it means getting to read something so refreshingly different.

I'm home this weekend with Alex. I have the AC running, but at the moment he has a little spray bottle full of water and is having a hell of a time spraying himself. I may join him shortly!

About that last post, and my mother-in-law spending the night...it actually went well. Remarkably, I am able to say this in spite of the fact that we lost power that night at around 8 p.m. (horrendous thunder storms). The three of us just relived old memories for a couple of hours and went to bed. We went to the graduation the next day, where I got a ridiculous sunburn, and that was that. All in all, relatively painless.

I'm pretty anxious for classes to start again. Not because I miss them, so much as I want to "hurry up already" and finish this degree, because there's another one waiting after that. At the moment I am fairly certain that I would like to do the PhD at B.U. How remains an unanswered question. I fully intend to cross that bridge when I come to it, and not a moment sooner.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger J said…

    Thanks for the morale boost. I'll figure something out. I say B.U. only because they have precisely the same program as my Masters, so I wouldn't be wasting time in filler classes. But it is damn expensive, and not terribly impressive. We'll see.
    Your new man has an excellent name, by the way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home